Project Host: Tilligerry Habitat Association Inc
Contact 4984 5677 firstname.lastname@example.org
Location: Tilligerry Habitat Reserve, 2E King Albert Ave, Tanilba Bay
Classification/Tenure: 25 hours a week plus 5 hours administration time over 6 months with a possible 6 months extension.
Remuneration: $30 per hour
Organisation Profile: The Tilligerry Habitat Association Inc has the management role for Tilligerry Habitat Reserve and an interest in Natural Resource Management (NRM) across the Tilligerry Peninsula.
Role Objectives: Work as part of the existing NRM team, manage the painting of the interior of the Tilligerry Habitat building or as decided by THA, complete bush regeneration of a largely un-weeded patch of the Tilligerry Habitat Reserve south west of The Hub.
Reporting Requirements: Tilligerry Habitat Association, Employment Plus and Australian Work for the Dole
Starting Date: Proposed for Monday 4th April 2016
How to apply for the position: Provide a covering letterwith a short paragraph responding to each selection criteria, provide a current CV, supply the names and contact details of 2 referees.
Applications are to be received by 14th March to the Tilligerry Habitat by:
Post or delivery: Tilligerry Habitat Reserve, 2E King Albert Ave, Tanilba Bay, NSW 2319
- Implement WHS procedures for health & safety of both fellow workers and the general public during the execution of works by ensuring that safe work practices are adhered to in accordance with THA induction and risk assessments.
- Complete allocated works within set service standards.
- Organise allotted tasks to achieve maximum productivity in conjunction with minimum inconvenience to users.
- Promote teamwork and assist in building team spirit within the works unit to optimise work output.
- Carry out work within a number of work teams, adjusting to requirements of each i.e. physical environment, other team members and different duties.
- Improve skills and knowledge to the benefit of the individual, the team and Tilligerry Habitat.
- Produce and maintain quality records such as daily activity reports etc.
- Deliver efficient and effective bush regeneration and bushland maintenance, working with staff, volunteers and contract personnel to ensure agreed the quality of workmanship and productivity is maintained.
- Provide a wide range of horticultural, natural resource management practices in line with set service levels including landscape works, reserve maintenance, recreational facilities maintenance and natural resource maintenance.
- Contribute to and lead the promotion of teamwork and assist in building team spirit within the team to optimise work output.
Selection Criteria Demonstrate –
- Experience and capacity to deliver bush regeneration and similar projects.
- Well-developed communication skills, both written and oral, with the ability to keep written records
- Ability to work in a team based environment and the promotion of teamwork.
- Experience in seed collection and propagation.
- Good plant identification skills relevant to New South Wales – Hunter Region
- A strong work ethic
- Ability to complete delegated tasks while working unsupervised
- An adequate level of physical fitness
- Ability to work outside in all weather conditions.
- Ability to promote Tilligerry Habitat’s mission Conservation, rehabilitation, education and community
- Current driver’s licence and reliable transport