Got time to volunteer?
Our Environment Centre is open 7 days 9.00am to 3.00pm.
We welcome new volunteers. Can you help?
Are you interested in volunteering:
- On-site at any time during our opening hours
- In the Nursery on Mondays or Tuesdays?
Ring Dorothea, our President, or a staff member on 4984 5677 or email email@example.com
Help us to conserve our habitat
Tilligerry Habitat Association is a non-profit, community association with objectives of conservation, rehabilitation, education and community engagement. The Tilligerry Habitat Information and Activity Centre have Advanced Accreditation for the National Eco Tourism Accreditation Program. Our major goal is to retain and improve Tilligerry Habitat Reserve for the environment, locals and tourists.
However, all of this takes significant effort and volunteer goodwill. We encourage the support of individuals, industries and groups interested in positive action. Over time, we will be making it possible to donate to our work through this page and online donations. In the meantime, please enquire with our friendly volunteer staff at Tilligerry Habitat about how you can support our ongoing work. Help us maintain our membership base by joining and taking part.
Donate to Tilligerry Habitat
The Tilligerry Habitat Association maintains an Environmental Gift account to receive gifts of $2 or more to advance environmental outcomes. People making gifts to this account are eligible to claim tax-deductibility on these gifts.
The following areas are a sample of some of the projects we have undertaken or are currently underway:
- Collecting seeds and growing them for sale in the Native Nursery
- Boardwalk, path and general site maintenance
- Bush regeneration – weeding and planting local native plants on the site
- Fauna monitoring – koalas, echidnas, bandicoots, birds, reptiles etc
- Habitat stewardship, logging the flora and fauna of the Tilligerry Peninsula (especially frogs, birds and orchids)
- Coordinating volunteer efforts
- Working with committees across Tilligerry Peninsula on the Envirotrust grant to protect the environment
- Monthly BBQ and fundraising events
- Coordinating tourism – walks, hospitality
- Community Garden in the nursery