Got time to volunteer?
Our Environment Centre is open most days 9.00am to 3.00pm when volunteers are available.
Needless to say welcome new volunteers. Can you help?
Are you interested in volunteering:
- On-site at any time during our opening hours
- In the Nursery on Mondays or Tuesdays?
Call and ask for a staff member on 4984 5677 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Help us to conserve our habitat
Tilligerry Habitat Association is a non-profit, community association with objectives of conservation, rehabilitation, education and community engagement. The Tilligerry Habitat Information and Activity Centre have Advanced Accreditation for the National Eco Tourism Accreditation Program. Our major goal is to retain and improve Tilligerry Habitat Reserve for the environment, locals and tourists.
However, all of this takes significant effort and volunteer goodwill. We encourage the support of individuals, industries and groups interested in positive action. Over time, we will be making it possible to donate to our work through this page and online donations. In the meantime, please enquire with our friendly volunteer staff at Tilligerry Habitat about how you can support our ongoing work. Help us maintain our membership base by joining and taking part.
Donate to Tilligerry Habitat
People making gifts to Tilligerry Habitat are eligible to claim tax-deductibility on gifts of $2 or more.
The following areas are a sample of some of the projects we have undertaken or are currently underway:
- Collecting seeds and growing them for sale in the Native Nursery
- Boardwalk, path and general site maintenance
- Bush regeneration – weeding and planting local native plants on the site
- Fauna monitoring – koalas, echidnas, bandicoots, birds, reptiles etc
- Habitat stewardship, logging the flora and fauna of the Tilligerry Peninsula (especially frogs, birds and orchids)
- Coordinating volunteer efforts with Centrelink, Corrective Services and Disability employment
- Working with groups across Tilligerry Peninsula to protect the environment
- Coordinating tourism – walks, hospitality
- Community Garden in the nursery
Leave a ReplyWant to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!